Your New Company:
A leading brand in the hire, supply and maintenance of FLT machinery across the UK. This company offers a service and maintenance package to multiple clients working on counterbalance, electric, diesel, gas and combi-lift trucks.
What is on offer?
- £36-40k Salary
- Holidays – 22 days + Bank Holidays
- Pension – 5% employee, 4% employer contributions rising with service to 7.5% matched
- Simply Health (Level 6 cover)
- Life Insurance and Personal Accident Insurance
- Good commercial awareness and understanding
- Time served engineer, preferably from the Forklift Industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Good skills in Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to problem solve
- Decision making
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in fork lift engineering and be accustomed to office based work.
- Deputise when necessary, for the CSM and GEM
- Support the Engineering Manager with the recruitment process of suitable field service engineers
- Act as a confident first point of contact for technical assistance to all internal colleagues
- Work with the Engineering Manager and Workshop Manager to provide technical support and advice to colleagues and customers regarding any proposed fork lift truck modifications necessary to meet specific site application. This includes Assessments of request/needs, Recommendations on suitable modifications and cost, Judgement on who should carry out agreed works and agree timescales, and monitor quality of works and ensure all expectations are met.
- Monitor the estimates directly created by the Field Service Engineers (FSE), maximising the number and quality of these in line with the overall objectives of the business.
- Edit and generally control with the assistance of the GEM, the quality of all estimates, following-up high value estimates with the customer and ensuring best possible commercial performance from the field engineering teams, Parts Department and Workshop.
- Authorising all (priced) end of contract, casual hire & demo damage estimates, making sure all backup information (including photos) are communicated to the customer, then dealing with any resulting queries and agreeing a suitable outcome.
- Monitor battery/charger reports-identifying warranty/misuse/safepower issues.
- Evaluate warranty jobs, truck issues and deal with manufacturers as required.
- Screen invoices for large value jobs.
- Authorising follow-up work generated by FSE’s, where these would be covered by any maintenance or hire agreement and where consequently the costs would be borne by the business.
- Monitor and review the number of overdue services, breakdowns and follow-up jobs, ensuring any necessary action is taken to meet our internal standard, objectives and customer expectations.
- Deal with QHSE matters in respect to COSHH library, Maintenance of central equipment database and Non-confirmity issues resulting from engineering activity.
ADR Specialists Ltd are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency.