Your New Company
A leading brand in the supply and maintenance of construction machinery across the UK and abroad. This company offers a service and maintenance package to multiple clients with respect to Kobelco, Hyundai and Sennebogen products, amongst others.
What is on offer?
- Salary from £23K (Experience dependent)
- Manufacturers Training will be provided
- Full in house system training will be provided
As a Transport Controller you will effectively maintain the transport operation and day to day business as well as observing company process and procedures within the transport team. The role-holder will also operate and deliver the transport services based on the transport requests and deadlines from internal and external stakeholders and will act as a key point of contact for Day-to-Day transport activities.
- Liaising with the sales team, production, and customers to ensure timely preparation and delivery of sold and stock machinery.
- Arranging and planning transport of the machines and attachments to given deadlines, thus ensuring the smooth day to day running of company logistics.
- Booking sub-contractors and ensuring they deliver within agreed terms.
- Be proactive in cost saving exercises with external suppliers, monitoring, and minimizing transport costs.
- Raising and goods receiving purchase orders & transport notes for the transport movements.
- Liaising with equipment suppliers and customers across UK and internationally.
- Direct investigations and verify and resolve queries calmly and decisively.
- Communicating effectively with key stakeholders about transport arrangements.
- Ensuring machine, attachments and assets movements are captured and recorded correctly using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Accurate maintenance of transport and stock records on the ERP system.
- Preparing export and import information packages, leasing with customs agents, customers, and suppliers to ensure import and export customs procedures are followed in line with government regulations.
- Any other administrative tasks within capabilities.
Work experience requirements:
- Experience working in a fast-paced industry.
- Experience in the transport industry preferred.
- Background in plant or similar industries (Not essential).
ADR Specialists Ltd are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency.